Skip to main content

Annotated Summary

Brones, A. (2015). What Is Siphon Coffee, and How Is It Made? kitchn. Retrieved from https://www.thekitchn.com/what-is-siphon-coffee-and-how-is-it-made-216340

This article focuses on what is siphon coffee, followed by showing the steps and ways to brew the coffee and even possibly to homebrew it with a certain model. An evaluation takes place where this siphon coffee all started back in the 1830s, by Loeff of Berlin and the method of brewing became popular once the French woman, Marie Fanny Amelne Massot of Lyons, managed to successfully commercialize globally by designing a product made of two “glass balloons” which uses vapour pressure for transferring of fluid. The article highlighted that this brewing method shows its beauty as it functions, where it should be meant to show off to the guests. In addition, to prevent a bad tasting coffee. The article did quote to never “boil” the coffee but rather it must be “filtered” to bring out the utmost fragrance. Subsequently, the article did state to home coffee lovers who want to brew with this “method”, they can go for the stovetop models which isn’t too pricey namely “Yama Vacuum Brewer” and “Bodum Pebo” which provides a flat surface at the bottom to be placed directly on top of a heat source.
The article also provides a useful platform for our research project on the use of the siphon coffee method by incorporating the method onto the stovetop Moka top for home usage or office usage experience, which is known as “A.C.E- Automated Coffee Enhancement”. From the aspect of portability, the Moka top is lightweight at the same time is not fragile as compared to the two “glass ballons” which uses a similar system of vapour pressure and by implementing automation to it which is in our scope of the project. Consumers who use our product will be able to brew the coffee with ease as there is no need for someone to look over the stove. Thus, the article is a relevant aspect of our research project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction Formal Letter

Subject: Self-Introduction Dear Prof Brad, I am writing an introduction letter as a student of your module. My name is Calvin and had graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in automation & mechatronic system. Which mean i will stay within the polytechnic for a total of six years since i came from the same polytechnic. Perhaps I have an affinity with the number ‘six’. As I took whole ‘six’ year to complete my secondary school, along with the completion of my primary school which is additional ‘six’ years. I shall skip the reason of why I took six years to complete my secondary till the next time. I would say I am a passionate learner as I love to handle tasks that are challenging as they excites me. I love to open and analyse basically any hardware or stationery as it always keeps me interested. Despite times where i forget how to reassemble, I will try to fix it back no matter what happens. This has sparked my interest into an engineering course since young. Which

Critical Reflection

1.Module Learning At the beginning of this module, I have expressed that I want to improve on my presentation skills and the stumble of words at times, especially when I am nervous or when I am not well-prepared. In addition to the improvement in the usage of grammar in the letter writing. This module will allow me to strengthen my current flaws. Now that the module is coming to an end, I felt that there is an improvement made in my current flaws, although not all of it. I can achieve what I am today is all thanks to my fellow peers, and my beloved Professor Blackstone, who constantly gave feedbacks on my performance which I can reflect on and make the changes.  All in all, I have learned much stuff from this module such as improving my language, making the correct sentence structure, correct usage of APA citation format and the correct style of pitching during the oral presentation. All these which I am not good at from the very start.  With the knowledge I have gained throughout