Skip to main content

Critical Reflection


1.Module Learning
At the beginning of this module, I have expressed that I want to improve on my presentation skills and the stumble of words at times, especially when I am nervous or when I am not well-prepared. In addition to the improvement in the usage of grammar in the letter writing. This module will allow me to strengthen my current flaws. Now that the module is coming to an end, I felt that there is an improvement made in my current flaws, although not all of it. I can achieve what I am today is all thanks to my fellow peers, and my beloved Professor Blackstone, who constantly gave feedbacks on my performance which I can reflect on and make the changes.  All in all, I have learned much stuff from this module such as improving my language, making the correct sentence structure, correct usage of APA citation format and the correct style of pitching during the oral presentation. All these which I am not good at from the very start.  With the knowledge I have gained throughout the past 13 weeks, I will continue to apply it and improve on even further as I embark on the remaining years of my university.

2. Project Learning
In the project learning progress, the main issue I face is to come up with an appropriate topic to research on. I want to come out with something unique where I have yet to explore, which is the topic of siphon coffee brewing. However, my team and I met with a hiccup such as we could not decide on the main purpose statement as there are various solutions we can implement and improve on, a few examples will be portability, functionality, cost, safety and many more. Due to the limited time given for the oral presentation, the team can only select a few to research. As for the oral presentation, I feel I should be the one presenting the development of how the siphon coffee all started is because I am the one who came up with the topic to research on, as I am more familiar with that aspect. Therefore, what I take away from this project learning process is I believe the team should have a clear idea of what our purpose statement is. This way the team can do a better job for the oral presentation and I can present more fluently if I were to present something which I am already comfortable with. Such as the introduction to the siphon brewing coffee.
                          

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Calvin, for this detailed, well focused reflection on both the module and on your project work. It's heartening to read that you found value in the feedback you received. I realize that you struggled at times, but I could see that you were very intent on developing your skills and executing the assignments to the best of your ability. I appreciate your keen interest and the great effort.

    This post also revisits your project work. I must say that I was impressed by the topic you and your team have selected and by the way you three came together to develop an interesting design solution. With the many questions you and your buddies have presented, I could see that the project had real value for you. I look forward to reading the report later in the coming week.

    You've worked hard throughout the term, Calvin, and I appreciate that. Continue to embrace the opportunities for skills development and growth as you move forward on your learning journey.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction Formal Letter

Subject: Self-Introduction Dear Prof Brad, I am writing an introduction letter as a student of your module. My name is Calvin and had graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in automation & mechatronic system. Which mean i will stay within the polytechnic for a total of six years since i came from the same polytechnic. Perhaps I have an affinity with the number ‘six’. As I took whole ‘six’ year to complete my secondary school, along with the completion of my primary school which is additional ‘six’ years. I shall skip the reason of why I took six years to complete my secondary till the next time. I would say I am a passionate learner as I love to handle tasks that are challenging as they excites me. I love to open and analyse basically any hardware or stationery as it always keeps me interested. Despite times where i forget how to reassemble, I will try to fix it back no matter what happens. This has sparked my interest into an engineering course since young. Which